Hawkeye Falconry UK are the Falconry Display Team for any Public Event. Their bird of prey displays bring the ancient art of Falconry to the modern age, with far-reaching and breathtaking displays, that have become much-admired at many prestigious venues across the United Kingdom including Weston Park, Sandringham Estate, Blenheim Palace and Windsor Castle. By the end of each season the team have, on average, undertaken over 200 events, consisting of Cotswold Show, Frampton Country Fair, Brecon County Show, Dunster Country Fair and many, many more!
The team, consisting of three Falconers and 60 display birds, of owls, hawks, falcons and eagles, simply love their work – with this, the displays show a great connection between falconer and bird. This allows for a spectacular experience, for arena displays, have a go sessions or both! The team will leave your public amazed.
The teams well known speciality is their fast flying falcons – inclusive of the Peregrine Falcons (up to 243mph) and the Gyr Falcons (the largest falcon in world). These are flown to the best of their abilities and all birds are always in top condition and form, allowing for outstanding and unforgettable presentations. (more information about the team can be found on the Home Page)
The service provided, showcases a great balance between exhibiting the ancient art of falconry and allowing for members of the public to be entertained, as well as having plenty of opportunities to become involved! The audience are invited to come into the arena to participate and have a unique close encounter!
For all public events including Country and Game Fairs, County Shows, Carnivals, Fêtes, Shows, Festivals, Open Days and More, Hawkeye are pleased to present the 3 packages above. These are not set in stone! – the team can build a suitable package for your event.
Please Click Here For More Information On Each Package :
Would you like a quote? – The team will be very pleased to present one within 24 hours! Best way to do this is via the ‘Event Enquiry Form’ on the Enquiries Page – thank you.
Recent Feedback Received From Past Events
“Thanks ever so much Alistair. I have never seen a bigger audience watching a falconry display; plus flying two falcons at the same time – never seen that, it was breathtaking. Having the public inside the arena was brilliant. Looking forward to seeing you next year. It looks like you will be coming to the show for many years to come!”
– Frampton Country Fair
“Just a short note to thank you for bringing your birds to this years Burwarton Show. It was very much appreciated. Feedback is that everyone enjoyed the display and it was clear to see everyone in the ring enjoying the birds flying around. Once again very many thanks, see you next year.”
– Burwarton Show
2014 – “Big thanks to Hawkeye Falconry UK for laying on such a fantastic attraction at the Show!”
2015 – “Thank you very much for your displays and being at the show for us, they were fabulous as always …”
2016 – “You are always the favourite with our visitors!”
– Cotswold Show
“Thanks for a great show this year the public loved it. I actually got to watch the afternoon display this year for the first time since we started the Summerfest and I thought it was terrific.”
– Higher Poynton Summerfest
“Great communications from start to finish. Very professional set up with a great display area for the birds, the flying displays were interesting, educational, and breathtaking. Alistair’s passion and witty personality really comes across with his commentary. Huge thanks! We shall certainly be booking Hawkeye again!”
– Lochaber Agricultural Show, Fort William
FOR MORE FEEDBACK PLEASE GO TO OUR FEEDBACK PAGE
ARENA DISPLAYS (FOR PACKAGES 1 AND 3 ONLY)
Stated as “A once in a lifetime opportunity, not to be missed”, “Spell-binding” and “Just, Wow!” the falconry displays are filled with as much audience participation as possible. The team exhibit the natural attributes and abilities of the birds, whilst exhibiting the true sport of falconry, at close quarters to the audience.
Hawkeye Falconry UK offers to undertake two spectacular 30-minute displays throughout the day or one breathtaking 45 minute display. This is of course in addition to the static display that will go on throughout the event. Of course, if this itinerary does not work for you, we can adapt everything to suit your event. Falcons, Hawks, Owls and sometimes Eagles are involved in the demonstrations :
- The Peregrine Falcons, estimated at reaching speeds of up to 242mph (National Geographic, 2012), are not frightened to get close to the audience, as they stoop in and out of the arena, through any gap that they can find.
- The British Barn Owls, including the rare Black Barn Owl, spectacularly silent in flight, spell binding as they fly together around the arena to children and adults of all ages, a very rare opportunity that will never be forgotten. Named Bubble and Squeak!
- The Mexican Harris Hawks, intelligent, friendly and love to perform their wide range of skills! At times two or more are flown together. The comedians of the bird world! They always produce a humorous moment. They take themselves round the arena – showing their natural hunting abilities.
- Sweeney and Todd – The sibling rivalry is non-existent with these two brothers. Watch as these two falcons fly together, diving in and out of the arena, working together as a team to try and catch out the falconer – a must watch display! A medieval method of falconry shown with a modern twist.
- The Indian Eagle Owl, ducks and dives between children and adults, in the arena, allowing everyone to get the full experience.
- The Kestrel – We have all seen them hovering at the side of motorways, but have you ever seen them this close? Friendly but determined little creatures.
- The Great Grey Owl, one of the most iconic owl species, mesmerising to look at, but so elegant as she flies across the whole arena. An extremely rare sight.
- The Icelandic Gyr Falcons – The largest and most powerful falcons in the world, gaining heights of up to 1000 feet above the audience, certainly are not frightened of heights! Showing the connection between falconer and bird, as the bird soars, then finishing with a dramatic stoop back into the arena.
- Nowhere can an Eagle Owl, with a huge six-foot wingspan, be seen at such close quarters as it effortlessly glides over the audience, in the centre of the arena. This always leaves a lasting memory.
- And so many more! – The team has over 60 display birds for events across the UK!
REQUIREMENTS FOR ARENA DISPLAYS – The team and birds can work in almost any arena size. Bigger the better, but as a guide we recommend 20m x 20m. If this size arena is not possible, please do get in contact and let us know – we are normally able to slightly alter things to suit. We do have a small portable PA system that we can use in the arena, if there is not already one on site. Please do not hesitate to get in contact if you have any queries.
‘HAVE A GO’ SESSIONS (FOR PACKAGES 2 AND 3 ONLY)
Our ‘Have A Go’ Sessions have proven to be a real hit with either large or smaller events. Ourselves at Hawkeye, will provide a PA if necessary. The birds for each session vary in size and species, so there will always be a bird suitable for everyone. The sessions run between 10 – 15 minutes in duration. Plenty of opportunities will be given throughout the day, so that as many people as possible, get an experience to remember.
A maximum of 6 ‘Have A Go’ Sessions will take place on the hour, during the day.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ‘HAVE A GO’ – We require a small arena of around 8m x 8m minimum, sited close to where the static display will be. It would be appreciated if this arena could be in place before we arrive.
STATIC DISPLAY (FOR ALL PACKAGES 1, 2 AND 3)
Hawkeye Falconry UK, pride themselves on being to the most professional of standards, and therefore the team bring a large selection of birds of prey (around 10), from all around the world, to be on static display during the day. The team will bring a self-contained and enclosed weathering for the birds during the event. The static area gives protection to the birds whilst not performing, as well as the opportunity for the public to get a close up, personal view of the birds – also allowing the opportunity for questions to be answered.
REQUIREMENTS FOR STATIC DISPLAY – A grassed area is preferred, but if not available, please let us know when enquiring – this is no problem at all. We normally ask for an area of 12m x 12m for the static display. This includes the vehicles within the area, which are essential to have nearby at all times. For public events, a solid fence will be built around the display for protection for the birds.